Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Don't mess with Tekisach

It's test time so that means little classtime but lots of grading for me. And, as usual, the only thing that keeps me going through all 200 test papers is my students' Japanese English. I did dictation for one section of the test meaning that I spoke while the students would write what I said. One of my sentences contained Texas and, among all my students' tests, there ended up being 45 different spellings of the word.

Here they (all) are:

Taxes
Txase
texis
texisas
txas
taixs
Texe
Texis
texs
teaxs
Texcus
Texsous
Texcis
taxas
Tekx
Texisus
Telx
taxis
Tex
Tekisach
texes
tekisasu
texisess
Texss
txsus
Texsace
texses
tekis
txsas
texus
teaxs
Texias
Texce
texsass
Texth
Tekisas
Taxs
Texsos
txisas
Texcs
txisas
Texies
Texse
Taxet
Txes

The most popular spelling by far was texs appearing on 34 tests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea your students were so ignorant