Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rike my job? Not rearry.

I was at my desk while my supervisor and fellow teacher,Utsumi-sensei, was frantically grading papers. Out of the blue she turns to me and says...

Utsumi-sensei: Mashew-sensei, do you think Japanese teachers enjoy teaching students?
Me: Uhh, well, it seems like they do...
Utsumi-sensei: Do you think we like to be a teacher?
Me: Umm, generally it seems like teachers have a good attitude about-
Utsumi-sensei: We don't enjoy teaching students. I don't enjoy teaching. I will stop teaching in seven to eight years.
Me: Oh...how long have you been teaching?
Utsumi-sensei: I teach for 18 years. It's very hard work, we don't enjoy it. We have to work many hours, I come in Saturday, Sunday. Now, you just starting, now, it is your turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rove Elic Crappton!

I rove Lock & Lorr!

I heard something similar to this from a student in '89'.
DSM